Erotic Book Reading Quotes
Published: 20-May-17 Revised/Updated 15-Aug-17
List of motivating and famous quotations from authors regarding reading and enjoying books.
* * * * * * *
Did you know studies have revealed 30 - 45 minutes of reading erotic sex stories causes a chemical reaction in the female brain, which results in increased arousal?
- "The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame." - Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray.
- "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons.
- "If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- "I want my world to start and end with you." - E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey.
- "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." - Haruki Murakami.
- "Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot." - D.H. Lawrence.
- "Sex is more exciting on the screen and between the pages than between the sheets" - Andy Warhol.
- "Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light." - Vera Nazarian.
- "Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly." - Francis Bacon.
- "I would never read a book if it were possible for me to talk half an hour with the man who wrote it." - Woodrow Wilson.
- "There are no faster or firmer friendships than those between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone.
- "My girlfriend always laughs during sex - no matter what she's reading." - Steve Jobs (Founder, Apple Computers).
- "Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken." - Terry Pratchett, Eric.
- "Of course it hurts, it's a spanking. How else would it work?" - Breanna Hayse, Time Out.
- "Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another’s skin, another’s voice, another’s soul." - Joyce Carol Oates.
- "Reading is the resonance of ideas on the Soul's willing ear. It is a lonely mind through which the thoughts of another have not passed." - Emily Dickinson.
- "Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." - P.J. O'Rourke
- "If erotic writing is the objectification of sex, then reading is its subjectification." - Mark John Isola.
- "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." - Groucho Marx.
- "From your parents you learn love and laughter and how to put one foot before the other. But when books are opened you discover that you have wings." - Helen Hayes.
- "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." - Paul Sweeney.
- "Poetry is a naked woman, a naked man, and the distance between them." - Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Poetry as Insurgent Art.
- "A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." - William Styron.
- "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis.
- "Just because you're my Princess doesn't mean I won't fuck you like a slut." - Ella Dominguez, Continental Life.
- "My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter." - Thomas Helm.
Also see : Erotic Book Writing Quotes
NOTE: Do you have a favorite quote regarding reading or writing books that you would like to share? If so post your quotation in the comment area below and we will add it to the list.
EDITOR: Why not try your hand at writing erotica? It's 100% free to have your story published by us - Details Here.