List of Popular Erotic Fiction Authors
Published: 20-May-17 Revised/Updated 15-Aug-17
Listed below are some of the most popular authors and novelists of erotic fiction stories and books, poetry, and sex manuals. Erotic literature includes sex manuals as well as fictional and/or factual stories, poetry, and accounts of human sexual relationships which have the power to or are intended to arouse the reader sexually.
* * * * * * *
Popular Erotic Fiction Authors
- Alexander Pushkin - Author of the Gabrieliad
- Alexander Trocchi - Under the name Frances Lengel, Trocchi churned out numerous pornographic books including the now classic Helen and Desire (1954) and a dirty version of his own book Young Adam (1954). Trocchi and his friends also published Samuel Beckett’s War and Memory and Jean Genet’s Thief’s journal in English for the first time.
- Anaïs Nin - Author of Delta of Venus
- Andreas Embirikos - Author of The Great Eastern
- Anne Rice - Also writing as A. N. Roquelaure
- Anne Tourney - Also published as Alaine Hood
- Arabella Knight - Author of Let's Play Anal Twister
- Aran Ashe - An established and popular author of erotic fiction, including: Leah's Punishment, Love-Chattel of Tormunil, Pleasure Island, Slaves-Mines of Tormunil, The Slave of Lidir and The Dungeons of Lidir.
- Arelis,author of Erotonomicon
- Barry N. Malzberg - Author of Screen and writer/editor for Olympia Press
- Caitlín R. Kiernan - Author of Frog Toes and Tentacles, Tales from the Woeful Platypus - And Sirenia Digest
- Catherine Robbe-Grillet, writing as Jean de Berg and Jeanne de Berg
- Dean Barrett, Mistress of the East
- D. H. Lawrence - Author of Lady Chatterley's Lover
- Emmanuelle Arsan - Author of the novel Emmanuelle and various other works
- Georges Bataille - Author of Story of the Eye
- Giovanni Boccaccio, Italian author contemporary and friend of Petrarch; wrote Decameron a collection of 100 short stories, some of which are erotic, considered masterpieces of the genre.
- Günter Grass - Author of The Tin Drum and Cat and Mouse
- Guy Davenport - In one of his essays, Davenport claimed to "live almost exclusively off fried baloney, Campbell's soup, and Snickers bars."
- Elliott Lipinsky - Author of How I Saw It One Night (novel)
- Henry Miller - Author of Tropic of Cancer
- Ivan Barkov - Russian poet, the author of erotic "Shameful Odes", although his verses were unpublished for a very long time for being immoral, written copies of his work could always be found in student environments.
- John Cleland - Author of Fanny Hill
- Jun'ichirō Tanizaki - Author of The Key, Naomi - And Quicksand
- Kathy Acker, postmodern pornographer - Author of I Dreamt I Was A Nymphomaniac
- Kemy Erotica Romance Novelist of (Teacher's Pet) (Moon-Lit Terrace) (Shadows of Obsession)
- Kenzaburō Ōe - Author of Seventeen, J - And A Personal Matter
- Laura Antoniou - Author of The Marketplace
- Leopold von Sacher-Masoch - Author of Venus in Furs
- Lanling Xiaoxiao Sheng - Author of Jin Ping Mei
- Li Yu - Author of The Carnal Prayer Mat
- Marilyn Jaye Lewis - Author of Neptune and Surf and Lust: Bisexual Erotica
- Marco Vassi - Author of "The Erotic Comedies", "Devil's Sperm Is Cold" - And "The Stoned Apocalypse"
- Mario Vargas Llosa - Author of The Notebooks of Don Rigoberto
- Mark Twain - Author of 1601
- the Marquis de Sade - Author of Justine, or the Misfortunes of Virtue
- Matthew Miller - Author of Secrets and Lies and The Dark Lives of Men
- Maxim Jakubowski, editor of the Mammoth Erotica series and a major erotica writer in his own right
- Mitzi Szereto - Author of The Wilde Passions of Dorian Gray, Pride and Prejudice: Hidden Lusts - And Phantom: The Immortal - Among others.
- Nicolas Chorier – author of L'académie des dames
- Patrick (Pat) Califia - Author of Macho Sluts
- Pauline Réage - Author of Story of O
- Penny Birch - Keep readers of erotica happy since the release of Penny in Harness back in 1998, she has treated her readership to 33 novels and more than 50 short stories, of truly filthy behaviour from a cast of characters unequalled in the world of erotic fiction.
- Samuel R. Delany - American author, professor and literary critic. His work includes fiction (especially science fiction), memoir, criticism, and essays on sexuality and society.
- Susie Bright - Also known as Susie Sexpert, is an American feminist, author, journalist, critic, editor, publisher, producer, and performer, often on the subject of sexual politics and sexuality.
- Sylvia Day - Japanese/American writer of romance novels. She also writes under the pseudonyms S.J. Day and Livia Dare. She is a number one bestselling author in 28 countries.
- Tamara Thorne - Author of the Sorority series
- Vladimir Nabokov, Russian-born English-language writer - Author of Lolita
- Wendy Swanscombe - Born in Devon but now living in Brussels working for the European parliament, Wendy states, "Writing erotica is a way of blowing out the dust and cobwebs".
- William Levy - Also known as the Talmudic Wizard of Amsterdam, is an American writer, editor and former radio personality, and the author of The Virgin Sperm Dancer, Wet Dreams, Certain Radio Speeches of Ezra Pound and Natural Jewboy.
- William Simpson Potter - Author of Romance of Lust
- Yasunari Kawabata - Author of Beauty and Sadness
- Yukio Mishima - Author of the homoerotic novels Forbidden Colors and Confessions of a Mask
- Zane - Pseudonym of Kristina Laferne Roberts, best known for her novel Addicted.
- Zhang Chunfan, Tang dynasty author of The Turtle with Nine Tails.
Popular Erotic Poetry Authors
- Bai Juyi - Romantic poet of Tang dynasty
- Cairo Trindade - Brazilian poet
- Catullus - Roman erotic poet
- Glauco Mattoso - Brazilian poet
- Gregório de Mattos - Brazilian poet
- Hilda Hilst - Brazilian poet
- Hồ Xuân Hương - 18th-19th century Vietnamese poet
- John Wilmot - 2nd Earl of Rochester, British 17th Century libertine
- King Solomon - Author - According to Judeo-Christian tradition, of the Song of Songs.
- Manuel Maria Barbosa du Bocage - Portuguese poet
- Ovid - Roman erotic poet
- Petrarch - Italian poet, considered, together with Dante, the father of Renaissance. His love sonnets dedicated to Laura are masterpieces of erotic poetry
- Pierre Louys - Belgian poet
- Sappho - Greek poet from the island of Lesbos who wrote love poetry to young women.
- Sextus Propertius - Roman poet
- Vinni Correa - Brazilian poet
Authors of Well Known Sex Manual Titles
- Gao Lian - Author of On Abstinence in Sex
- Ge Hong, Jin dynasty - Author of Pao-Pu Zhi
- Hua Tuo - Author of On Venereal disease.
- Kalyanamalla - Author of the Ananga Ranga
- Kokkoka, - Author of the Ratirahasya
- Muhammad ibn Muhammad al-Nafzawi - Author of The Perfumed Garden
- Ovid, Roman - Author famous for the Ars Amatoria
- Praudha Devaraya - Author of the Ratiratna Pradipika
- Sun Simiao - Author of On the Loss and Gain of The Chamber Art
- Vatsayana - Famous for the Kama Sutra
- Wan Quan - Author of Essentials for Extending Posterity
- Yasodhara - Author of the Jayamangala
EDITOR: Why not try your hand at writing erotica? It's 100% free to have your story published by us - Details Here.